Collecting and Using Data.
Data You Provide To Us. We collect information that you provide to us, including:
- your name, email address, mobile phone number, tax identification number or other government-issued ID number, date of birth, physical address, and currency preference, such as when you create an account, complete your profile or submit a request for support;
- the emails and phone numbers of your contacts, if you choose to invite your friends to use Smile Wallet as part of our referral program when you create your account; we allow your contacts to unsubscribe from the commercial messages they receive from us;
- information about transactions you complete using our services, the type of transaction executed, and other related information; and
- if you use our mobile apps, we collect from your mobile device a unique ID (where your device is an iPhone, we also collect the Apple-recommended CFUUID (the Core Foundation Universally Unique Identifier)).
Other Data Collected. We may also automatically collect the following data:
- Analytics. When you visit our website, we use third party analysis tools to collect data about your computer and Internet connection. That information includes the IP address of your computer and/or Internet service provider, when you access our website, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our website and from which you came before landing on our website, the browser that you are using, and your movements and preferences on our website. All of this information is used internally for the purpose of understanding how our website is being used and improving our website. We also use third party analysis tools to collect data about your use of our mobile apps. The information collected identifies the types and timing of actions you take within our mobile, including installation, registration, uploading, and certain types of navigating. All of this information is used internally for the purpose of understanding how our mobile apps are being used and improving them.
- Action Tags. When you visit our website, we use action tags (also called pixel tags, clear GIF, or beacons) to identify some of the pages that you visit and how you use the content on those pages. Action tags may collect and transmit this data in a manner that identifies you if you have registered with our website, or are logged into our website. We also use action tags in our emails, to determine whether an email was opened or whether it was forwarded to someone else. When you use our mobile apps, we use action tags where you are accessing websites from links in our mobile apps. These may identify the pages that you visit and how you use the content on those pages.
- Site Management. We aggregate data that we collect about the use of our website for administering, protecting and improving our website and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our website visitors and optimize the content that we serve, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage, and to improve our marketing and research.
- How We Protect The Data We Collect. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that we obtain from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please note that we are not responsible for the security of any data you are transmitting over the Internet, or any data you are storing, posting, or providing directly to a third party’s website, which is governed by that party’s policies. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. If you have further questions about security, you can contact us.
- Data Retention. If you wish to close your Smile Wallet account altogether, please contact us from your registered email address. We may retain information about you in our databases for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and in accordance with applicable laws. Our retention and use of your information will be as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. The retention period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity, protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain, or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
- Access to Information. We will respond to your request for access to information we collect about you within the time frame required by applicable law.
- Sharing Data. We may share your information as follows:
- You’ve consented or otherwise given us permission to share;
- We’ve aggregated or de-identified the information, so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- With third party service providers who we use in delivering our service, including certain advertising, referral, operations, financial services and technology services (such as hosting providers, identity verification, support, payment, and email service providers);
- If required by applicable law or legal process, or if we believe it is in accordance with applicable law or legal process;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Smile Wallet, our users and the public, including, for example, in connection with court proceedings, or to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or to establish our rights or defend against legal claims; or
- In connection with selling, merging, transferring, or reorganizing all or parts of our business.
- Email Communications. If you opted-in to receive information about our product, updates and offers, we will use your name and email address to send this information to you. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the emails you receive or on our website. Please note that we may send you transactional and relationship messages, even if you have unsubscribed from our marketing communications. For instance, if our service is going to be temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email to update you.
- Facebook Connect and other Social Networking Services. As part of our service, you can use Facebook Connect or other social networking services (referred to in this policy as Social Networking Services) to authenticate your identity and to authorize a Social Networking Service to share certain information with us, such as your name and email address, which is associated with your Smile Wallet account. A Social Networking Service may also let you post information about your activities on our website and in our mobile apps to your Social Networking Service profile page to share with others within your network. The information we obtain depends on your Social Networking Service settings and the Social Networking Service’s privacy policies, so be sure you know what those are. Smile Wallet will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Networking Services that may be enabled within our services.
- Links to Other Websites and Online Services. Our website may include links to other websites or online services, including Facebook, whose privacy practices may differ from those of Smile Wallet. If you submit information to any of those websites or online services, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Smile Wallet Ltd
Av Chivilcoy 3157 2D
Buenos Aires, CP 1417